December 30, 2011

Chicken Soup


 
What's in a chicken soup? Chicken, a little veggy, seasonings and the soup. But what's in it that soothes the soul? 

There is a lot of variation on how a chicken soup is cooked. There is the creamy type and the clear type. I like mine to be a clear soup. The simpler the better. Filipino style chicken soup uses green papaya as vegetable while Chinese style uses upo. Any way, I like chicken soup as long as it is clear soup. 

When I was sick, I crave chicken soup. After taking chicken soup, I somehow feel a little better. 

There was a time when Big and I argued. I felt so down and so melancholy. We made up but I still felt down. He then offered me chicken soup. My spirit lifted somehow and I felt better. My mood gradually shifts from sad to happy. 

Funny, isn't it? Is it psychological on our part or it really did somehow makes us feel better? Other soups don't give this kind of effect.

There is even a book entitled Chicken Soup for the Soul. Have read that book since high school. It has emotional stories contributed by real people. Real stories, real people. Most of the stories there can really affect you. Some inspire, some gives us reflections, some prompt us to make a change for ourselves. From the title itself and the chicken soup, it motivates somehow, one way or another. Depending on how you tasted your soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment