December 31, 2011

2012 New Year's Eve Meal



As always, mom plans and make our menu for our new year's eve meal. This year, our menu consist of steamed shark's fin, patatim with eggs, crab omelet, asparagus soup, plain rice, shrimp gambas, dinuguan, ox lengua, chopsuy, and sotanghon. Only thing missing is the sweets. Mom made chiffon cake but after dinner, dad craves for something sweet like cakes.

Everything is so delicious since my mom is a good cook and definitely knows her way running a household.

The family gathers for dinner and with so many food to choose from, I do not know which food to start on! So, starting slowly, I took portions of every food and devoured slowly. Chatting with family and savoring the moment.

I thank God that as the year ends, we get to have the family together. With food on the table and a roof on our heads. A bed to sleep in every night and clothes to wear for comfort.

My new year's eve celebration would have been complete if only Big and I could have been together...

No comments:

Post a Comment