December 30, 2011

Cuttlefish Ball Soup




Cuttlefish belongs to the squid family. Though its name has a 'fish' in the end, it is not a fish but a mollusk. 

Cuttlefish meat are tender and has a contingency with the likes of a bubble gum. It is chewy in a chewable manner and can be easily digested.

I was able to buy cuttlefish ball at our local supermarket. I decided to make soup out of it. Using pork as my soup stock, I added the cuttlefish ball, button mushroom and spring onions. 

For the first time, Big was awed with the soup. He commented "wow" as he was scooping up the soup and the cuttlefish balls. He rarely praises my cooking. He usually just sits down on the dining table and devour the food. I can have an idea that the food I cooked is up to his standards because he takes more servings.

Thanks to the cuttlefish, I got praise and appreciation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment