July 26, 2012

Boiled Cardava with Guinamos


My latest food craze.... the boiled cardava with preserved fish. 

Cardava or saba is a banana variety that is rich in nutrients - potassium especially. They help the body’s circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. This also helps maintain a regular heartbeat and a proper balance of water in the body. Potassium is also helpful for reducing strokes and regulating blood pressure because of the way it promotes circulatory health. 

The cardava is cooked broiled. I prefer my cardava to be ripe. Not overly ripe, just ripe. 

Cardava is very abundant at the province and I really enjoyed having cardava as my snack or even as my main meal, especially dipping it into the salted preserved fish sauce. I prefer adding chili in my sauce. An inexpensive meal but surely satisfies a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment