April 26, 2012

Pata Tim



Pata tim, also known as pork leg, is a special dish served at most restaurants. 

A whole pork leg is cooked to the right tenderness in rich soy sauce. 

To prepare this dish, first you gotta clean the pork leg. Remove hairs and dirt. After this is done, boil the sauce. The sauce consists of soysauce and spices. When the sauce boils, submerge the pork leg and let it cook to the right tenderness. 

Pata tim is a Filipino dish which is usually served during festivals and special occasions. 

I get to cook pata tim by myself when I was in the province. A pig was slaughtered to be roasted. As the legs are not needed for roasting, I took them to cook as pata tim. 

 Different variations are available to add to the pata tim. You can have the option of having pata tim with eggs, pata tim with vegetables, or pata tim with mushrooms. Any variations taste good. I like pata tim with egg the best. 

When the pork leg has reached my desired tenderness, I added boiled eggs to the sauce. Coating the eggs so the eggs become brown in color. 

I served this dish to Big and he was impressed. He literally devoured the whole leg. Never ate this kind of dish home cooked, he claimed. Hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment